Apply for Changing Employer
- Topics : Employment and Workplace, Visas and Official Documents
- Audience : Business
Residents and companies may submit a request online through the Ministry of Interior (MOI) website to obtain the approval on changing their employer/sponsor.
- Login on MOI website, using your smart card.
- Select “Residency Services” from the list, then click on “Consume RP Change Sponsorship Approvals”.
- Select the required approvals by ticking the checkbox opposite to the Application Number.
- Choose the delivery option: Personally from the committee concerned with the approval of recruitment applications at the Expatriates Affairs Department, or by mail courier via Qatar Postal Services Company.
- Pay fees and print/save receipt.
- Download and fill out application form.
- Attach the defined documents for changing the employer below in the form.
Committee concerned with the approval of recruitment applications affiliated to Expatriate Affairs Department.
- Companies must choose the delivery option of the mail courier via Qatar Postal Services Company.
- The expatriate shall complete the term of the employment contract inside the country or the employer may terminate the contract without any legal sanctions on the expatriate.
- The expatriate shall complete five years or more with the same employer, in case the contract term is undefined.
- If the term of the employment contract is undefined, the approval of the current employer on moving to work for another employer is required in case the expatriate is seeking to terminate the current contract without completing its term or the five years’ period.
- The expatriate shall bring a contract from the new employer.
- You can also complete the transfer of significant plate number ownership through Metrash2.
- Changing the Employer/Sponsor for first time: QR2000 for companies, QR1000 for individuals.
- Changing the Employer/Sponsor for second time: QR2500 for companies, QR1500 for individuals.
- Changing the Employer/Sponsor for third time or more: QR3000 for companies, QR2000 for individuals.