(NewsUSA) – Turn on the TV, go online or stream music, and it may seem like there is no place for faith in our culture. People — especially young people — will share just about any detail of their personal lives, except when it comes to their faith. Many are reluctant or even embarrassed to share how their faith makes them who they are.
Despite this trend, there are tens of millions of Americans who still value their faith tremendously, and they want to make faith more visible. Thanks to a fast-growing social media movement people, regardless of their religion, are openly celebrating their faith — because they believe faith is a very good thing. How is faith good? Let us count the ways.
1. Faith inspires, empowers and comforts billions of people the world over. And that makes people of faith happier.
2. People and organizations are motivated by their faith to help millions of people every single day, in soup kitchens, hospitals, schools and homeless shelters.
3. People of faith live longer.
4. People of faith are more engaged in civic life.
5. People of faith are more likely to be law-abiding citizens.
6. People of faith are more generous and charitable.
7. Faith has the power to add deep spiritual meaning and help people survive the most challenging times.
And last but not least, a basic teaching of every major world religion asks that we treat others as we ourselves would want to be treated. If more people followed this Golden Rule, that alone would be a positive influence on society. And that’s reason enough to promote the value of faith.