10 Tips To Create Your Best Self
I decided to listen to my heart, trust my gut and design the life I dreamed about. I chose to become my most authentic self.
My dreams didn’t come true overnight. It took consistent thought and action… and it will always be a work in progress. But here I am, 10 months into living my travel dream lifestyle and the sense of fulfillment and joy I feel is incredible. My heart could burst with love – love for life, love for other people, love for adventure, love for this beautiful world and of course, love for myself!
So why is it important to become your MOST authentic self? Here are the benefits you reap when you are true to yourself:
» A sense of purpose
» Feeling happier
» Becoming more aware
» Doing what you love and what you want
» Feeling a fulfillment
Ready to become your MOST authentic self? Here are 10 steps to get you started on your journey.
1. Know your values – What is important to you? What do you stand for? Becoming your MOST authentic self involves becoming an expert about all things YOU.
2. Become a believer – Only YOU decide what you think, how you think and what you believe. You can have, do or BE whatever you want! Authentic people understand this power and develop a strong sense of belief.
3. Dream on – The saying goes, “if your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough.” Allow yourself to let your imagination run wild. Want to start your own business? Buy a home? Travel the world? Becoming your most authentic self involves dreaming BIG. Know that you can make that dream come true by your actions and effort.
4. Honesty – Say it how it is. Honesty is the best policy. Always tell the truth. Whatever way you prefer to say it, being authentic and sincere in what you say and do is the KEY to living and becoming your MOST authentic self.
5. Treat others how you want to be treated – The golden rule. Plain and simple. This rule applies to your family, children, friends, co-workers, neighbors, the checkout lady at the grocery store… EVERYONE.
6. Learn – We are in a day and age where information is at our fingertips. Take advantage of this blessing and continually fill your mind with information that will help you advance in your goals and in your life! From watching educational videos, reading motivational material or listening to inspirational podcasts, the information you are absorbing should be of high quality and leave you feeling fired up about life.
7. Your presence is a present – Become an “in the moment” type of person that is mindful of what is going on around you at all times. Even a simple task, such as walking down the street, can become a delightful experience if you pay attention to the sun shining on your face, the slight breeze blowing past you and the laughter of a child in front of you. When someone is talking to you – LISTEN! Pay attention and make it your mission to seek out beauty in all things.
8. Let it GO – The past is long gone and there is nothing you can do to change it. Let go of other peoples expectations. Let go of the worry about what tomorrow may bring. Being authentic means you are simply living in the moment and showing up as your true self.
9. Should’ve, would’ve, could’ve – To become your MOST authentic self, these phrases will disappear from your vocabulary because you no longer live and dwell on times long past. You acknowledge the lessons learned from those events and apply that wisdom to creating a compelling and exciting future.
10. Love yourself – YOU (yes, you reading this post) are an AWESOME, incredible, unique and significant person in this world. Take care of yourself. Eat well. Exercise. Meditate. Laugh. Relax. Authentic people give themselves the love and attention they need so that they can show up in the world as exactly the person they want to be.
“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland