9 things you can do with the new iPhone 6S that you can’t do with the iPhone 6
Although it doesn’t look very different than the iPhone 6, there are a few tips, tricks, and shortcuts you can only access if you have Apple’s newest iPhone.
- You can shoot Live Photos on the iPhone 6S. This means the camera captures the moments before and after you press the shutter button to create an image that slightly moves.
- You can jump into certain tasks within apps more quickly using 3D Touch. If you want to create a new Instagram post, for instance, you can press and hold down firmly on the app icon without even opening the app and just tap “New Post.”
- You can take better selfies with the iPhone 6S since it has a flash on the front. The new iPhone illuminates the screen when you’re taking a selfie in a dark setting. Check out the difference below.
- You can use your keyboard as a trackpad to accurately place the cursor wherever you want when typing. Just 3D Touch the keyboard, and it’ll turn into a trackpad.
- You can switch between apps just by pressing on the screen with 3D Touch. Just press and hold on the side of the screen when you’re in any app to launch the app switcher.
- You can preview websites, dates, flight information, and other data without interrupting what you’re doing. For example, if someone sends you a Safari link via text message, you can 3D Touch that link to bring up a preview of that website without leaving your text conversation.
- You can use Siri completely hands free even when your iPhone isn’t plugged in. If you turn on “Hey Siri,” you can ask her questions without even touching your iPhone. Apple’s older iPhones need to be plugged into power to enable this feature.
- You can shoot 4K video on the new iPhone, too.
- You can unlock your iPhone more quickly since the iPhone 6S comes with a new Touch ID sensor and a faster processor.