Chicken korma cutlets with coriander raita
Use chicken cutlets to create korma with a twist.
4 Coles large chicken cutlets
2/3 cup Greek yoghurt
2 tablespoons korma curry paste
1 cup basmati rice
1 red capsicum, diced
1 large mango, flesh diced
1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
1 small garlic clove, crushed
Method Chicken korma cutlets
1) Place the cutlets in a baking dish. Combine 1 tablespoon of the yoghurt with the curry paste. Spread all over the cutlets. Cover and place in the fridge for 4-6 hours or overnight to marinate.
2) Preheat oven to 180C. Remove the cover from the baking dish and bake the chicken in the oven for 1 hour.
3) Meanwhile, place the rice in a medium saucepan with 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 8 minutes. Transfer the rice to a large bowl. Set aside to cool.
4) Add the capsicum, mango, cucumber, shallot, raisins and 1/3 cup of the coriander to the rice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Combine the garlic with the remaining yogurt and coriander in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Divide the rice salad and chicken among serving plates. Serve with the raita.
Notes: Tip: If chicken thigh cutlets, which are chicken thigh on the bone, are not available, replace with 8 chicken thigh fillets and reduce the cooking time to 30 minutes.
Photography by Mark O’Meara