3 (3.4-oz) packages vanilla instant pudding
4-3/4 cups whole milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 (8-oz) carton sour cream
1 (8-oz) container whipped topping, divided
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, divided
1 (12-oz) box vanilla wafer cookies
9 or 10 bananas, sliced
Juice from 1/2 a lemon
Preparation Banana Pudding
(1) Mix the pudding and milk according to the package directions and then add the vanilla.
(2) Fold in the sour cream, 4 oz of whipped topping, and 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts. Refrigerate until the pudding is set or is needed. (You can prepare the pudding up to two days ahead of time.)
(3) Combine the lemon juice with the banana slices in a medium-size bowl; set aside.
(4) In large bowl or casserole dish, alternate layers of wafers, bananas, and pudding mix, ending with the pudding.
(5) Dollop the remaining whipped topping on top followed by 6 or 7 crushed wafers and the remaining chopped walnuts. Refrigerate until set.