Grapeseed Oil Benefits
Grape seed oil has several important health benefits. It is a good source of essential fatty acids and vitamin E. The polyphenols and flavonoids found in this oil contain strong antioxidant compounds. Most of the grape seed oil health benefits can be attributed to the presence of these nutrients. These health benefits of grape seed oil are enumerated below.
- The flavonoid ‘oligomeric procyanidin’, found in grape seed oil is an incredibly strong antioxidant, about 50 times stronger than antioxidants like, vitamin C and E. So, this compound can provide protection against cellular and tissue damage caused by free radicals.
- Grape seed oil can boost the health of the heart and the cardiovascular system by lowering the level of bad LDL cholesterol. This oil can increase the level of good HDL cholesterol, which can reduce the risk of coronary diseases. In addition, two studies showed that taking grapeseed extract and chromium, helped in lowering the bad cholesterol levels.
- Grape seed oil contains linoleic acid, which is a polyunsaturated fatty acid that can prove beneficial for people having diabetes.
- Grape seed oil can help strengthen and repair damaged or broken capillaries and blood vessels. This in turn, can help to improve circulation and alleviate conditions like, varicose veins, spider veins and hemorrhoids.
- Grape seed oil has anti-inflammatory properties, for which it can provide relief against pain and swelling caused by arthritis. Even in conditions like, rheumatoid arthritis, this oil can provide great relief.
- Many studies show that grape seed extracts help in preventing colon, prostate, stomach, breast and lung cancer cells. Antioxidants found in grapeseed extract, help in preventing cancer.
- Grape seed oil can also prove beneficial in conditions like, asthma, allergies, acne and dermatitis.
- The oil from grapeseed reduces LDL (bad Cholesterol) and increases HDL (good cholesterol), which in turn helps in keeping your arteries clear.
- Omega-3, Omega-6, and Omega-9 are the fatty acids found in this oil. These fatty acids benefit us by forestalling any heart diseases and influence the biological properties in our body.
- Grape seed oil contains high levels of Vitamin E, which is a fat-soluble antioxidant. It aids in preventing any cell membrane related injuries.
- The oil from grapeseed helps the immune system and increases the blood circulation as well.
- After any surgery or an injury, the oil reduces the swelling faster than any other medicines.
- Flavonoids found in grape seed oil work to inflect cell-signaling pathways. Oregon State University states, “The Flavonoids have an antioxidant behavior that responds to iron and copper that bond to proteins“.
- Grapeseed is mildly astringent in nature and helps to tighten and tone skin.
- Grapeseed contains proanthocyanidins, which are very potent antioxidants, that help in diminishing the sun’s damaging effects and lessen free radical damage.
- Grapeseed oil is also helpful for healing wounds. It is rich in linoleic acid levels, which is an essential fatty acid that is quite important for the skin and cell membranes.
- Grapeseed oil has great moisturizing properties.
- Grapeseed oil is also rich in vitamins, minerals and causes no skin irritation.