5 Ways to Use Lemons Every Day
Lemons are thought to have first grown in Northeast India, northern Burma and China. A study of the genetic origin of the lemon reported it to be hybrid between bitter orange (sour orange) and citron.
As you know, lemons are commonly used in many culinary delights, such as lemonade and lemon meringue pie.
Below are just a few other uses for lemons for you to enjoy.
Some uncommon uses for lemons:
1. Freshen the fridge. Remove that stinky smell. Simply add the juice of a lemon to some baking soda and place in the fridge. You can either use an old sock or panty hose. Fill the sock or panty hose with a cup of baking soda and add the juice of the lemon. Voila! Instant fridge freshener!
2. Prevents Kidney Stones. Regular consumption may reduce the risk of kidney stones. Lemon juice mixed with water may increase the production of urinary citrate, a chemical in urine that prevents the formation of crystals that may eventually create kidney stones. A simple recipe is to squeeze the juice of one lemon into warm temperature water. Drink and enjoy. Add a little cayenne pepper for a extra metabolism boost.
3. Cleanse your Face. What a great way to get rid of those zits. Simply take some lemon juice and dab the juice on those blackheads during the day. The lemon juice will draw out the dirt and grime in those blackheads. To make a simple exfoliant scrub, simply add some plain sugar to the lemon juice and lightly scrub those problem areas. Your skin should improve after a few days.
*Warning: Be sure to scrub your skin gently, as the sugar can be rough on the skin. Lemon on the skin will make your skin more sensitive to sunlight as well, as well so be sure to wear a good sunscreen to protect yourself.
4. Soften Dry Elbows. Do you have dry elbows that itch and look flaky ? Simply take a ½ cup of baking soda, one lemon (juiced), mix the two together to create an abrasive paste. Rub the mixture into your elbows to help soften and smooth those rough areas. Follow it by applying either coconut or olive oil.
5. Vaginal Hygiene. Lemon juice makes for a safe and easy way to stay fresh and clean naturally. It’s a powerful antiseptic and free from any drugs that most douches and suppositories contain.
About the Author: Steve Fillmore is a 2-time cancer THRIVER! His motto in life is: Love, Laugh, Live – Love yourself first; Laugh through all the crazy times; Live for life right now! Through proper diet, exercise and mindfulness, Steve has been able to recreate his body to work with and for him. For fun, you can find Steve either teaching a Zumba class, or creating websites for clients. Connect with Steve: Facebook