#visa #job #welcomeqatar #visasponsorshipjobs
Agri-Tel Transportation accepts applications from experienced foreign truck drivers through our Foreign Workers Program to work in Canada legally on a contractual basis to help with the current labour shortage affecting our industry. We offer a guaranteed wage as well as a bonus program and an optional benefits package is available after completing a probationary period.
Requirements, Skills and Education:
- Class 1A driver’s license with 2-3 years of experience.
- Eligible for cross border travel.
- Able to travel for extended periods; average length of trips are 15-30 days.
- Ability to operate and drive articulated trucks to transport goods and materials.
- Able to plan travel schedules and routes using atlases and other trip planning aides such as GPS.
- Winter and mountain driving experience preferred.
- Ability to lift at least 20 lbs.
- Clear criminal record check.
- Good drivers abstract with no major violations.
- Clear English, both verbal and written.
- Transport goods and materials to various destinations both nationally and internationally.
- Oversee all aspects of equipment, loading and unloading as well as safety and security of cargo being transported.
- Perform trip inspections of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, brakes and cold storage.
- Monitor equipment performance and mechanical fitness.
- Obtain and submit documents required to transport cargo on international routes.
- Record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption, and other information in log books and trip sheets.
- Communicate (receive and relay information) with the dispatcher using an on board satellite.
- Starting wage range is $4,000 to $5,500 monthly.
- Performance bonus program begins after 3 months of employment.
- After three months employment, we offer a health benefits package.
- Vacation pay of 4%.
How to Get Started
If you are interested in working for Agri-Tel Transportation please fill out our online application. We will evaluate your qualifications and contact you within 30 days if you are a successful candidate.