Job ID: 249855
Job Family: Customer Services
Mode of employment: Full time only
The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System (PMS) is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line. It is manually operated on line of sight rules and the system is being designed in compliance with BO Strab regulations and guidance. There is 11 km of track serving both North and South Campuses of Education City and will employ 19 trams using the Avenio tram chassis by Siemens.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires experienced Operations Personnel.
Responsible for driving the tram vehicle along QEC PMS corridor in a safe and punctual way in compliance with the company’s safety and operations rules & regulations; Provides a high standard of customer service at all times.
What are my responsibilities?
- Driving Trams in accordance with the company’s rules & procedures and road traffic regulations
- Ensuring the safety of passengers, pedestrians and other road users
- Providing excellent customer service at all times
- Identifying and reporting incidents and anomalies (rolling stock and equipment) to the Operations Controllers (OMCC)
- Perfect knowledge of QEC PMS Rolling Stock in order to conduct fault finding and rectification in compliance with operations & maintenance procedures
- Reporting to Line Supervisors and Operations Controllers and complying with all operational orders and directives given
- Communicating clearly and effectively with passengers and Operations Controllers
- Assists during T&C activities
- Provides assistance during safety & quality audits.
- What do I need to qualify for this job?
- A good physical condition (Meets requirements of Fitness Class 1)
- 21 years or above
- 1.60m minimum height
- Minimum 10 years of successful school education
- Minimum 2 years of experience as either a tram, train, metro or bus driver
- Good understanding of rail public transport operations process and Rules & Procedures
- Good analysis and reporting skills
- Ability to work under pressure while complying with rules & procedures
- Good command of spoken and written English language
- Ability to comply with rules & procedures
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes to operational situations
- Holder of a valid motor vehicle driving license (Bus / Truck)
- Defensive driving
- Possesses the military exemption
- Team player
- Results orientated
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Very good Communication skills What else do I need to know?Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process. *LI-NP
- How do I apply? We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process. *LI-NP