Many expats who work in Qatar have thoughts about bringing their family with them either for a short-term stay or long-term. Bringing parents/spouse/children to Qatar for a visit would normally just require a tourist/visit visa. But those who are planning to want their families to stay longer, the Ministry of Interior-Qatar (MOI-Qatar) has posted the conditions for an expat to get a family visa for their loved ones in the country.
Qualifications – Required Salary
10,000 QR – Minimum salary (without accommodation)
7,000 QR – Minimum Salary (with accommodation from sponsor)
The Ministry of Interior said that employees in private sectors who have technical professions and has a minimum salary of QR 10,000 are eligible for a family visas. For employees with a minimum salary of QR 7,000 can still apply as long as their sponsor or employer provides a free family accommodation.
Getting a Visa in Qatar for Families of Expats
MOI-Qatar has posted a note on their official FB page concerning the requirements and conditions to get a residence visa for families of expats.
According to their post, As per Law No.4/2009, which talks about the Exit/Entry and Residency of expats and their families, expats can bring their families with them so long as they meet the following requirements and conditions.
Requirements and Conditions
- Valid residence of visa of applicant
- Marriage Certificate
- Family housing accommodation or allowance for family housing provided by the a government or semi-government employer
- A letter submitted by the government or semi-government employer confirming the profession and salary of applicant
- Employees working in private sectors that have technical or specialized professions should have a salary of QR 10,000 or a family housing facility with a minimum of QR 7,000
- A 6-month bank statement from an accredited bank to confirm his salary, A notarized employment contract with a copy of educational certificate to confirm his profession
- Source: qatarofw