Today, the Ministry of Public Health announced the registration of 207 new confirmed cases of Coronavirus (Covid-19) in the last twenty-four hours, including 195 local cases recorded among community members and 12 cases among travelers returning from abroad who are subject to quarantine, in addition to Register a new death.
The Ministry of Health also recorded the recovery of 211 cases of (Covid-19) virus in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of people recovering from the disease in the State of Qatar to 124,978.
The Ministry issued a statement on the developments of the (Covid-19) virus in the State of Qatar, which included the following: – New
cases of infection and recovery:
– Today, 207 new confirmed cases of Coronavirus (Covid-19) were announced. 195 cases from community members and 12 cases from travelers returning from abroad.
– 211 people recovered from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of recoveries in the State of Qatar to 124,978.
– A new death case (84 years) was registered, and she had received the necessary medical care.
All new cases have been placed in isolation and they are receiving the necessary health care according to their health condition.
The current situation (Covid-19):
– The efforts of the State of Qatar to address the Corona virus (Covid-19), flatten the curve and limit the spread of the virus, with a decrease in the number of daily cases, as well as a decrease in the number of hospital admissions per week.
– The proactive and intensive examination of suspected cases of infection with the Coronavirus (Covid-19) contributed to identifying a large number of confirmed cases of the virus in the community.
– The State of Qatar is one of the countries in the world with the lowest death rate for Coronavirus (Covid-19), for several reasons, including:
* The health sector provides high-quality health care to those infected with the Coronavirus.
* The youth segment constitutes the largest percentage of the population of the State of Qatar.
* Pre-examinations to identify infected cases early.
* Increase the capacity of hospitals, especially intensive care units, to ensure that all patients receive the necessary care.
* Work to protect the elderly and those with chronic diseases from the risk of infection with the Coronavirus.
The easing of restrictions and the decrease in the number of daily cases does not mean that the Corona pandemic has ended in the State of Qatar, as some patients with moderate and severe symptoms of Coronavirus (Covid-19) are admitted daily to hospital.
We must follow all preventive measures to avoid a new wave of the virus and increase the number of infected cases, especially with the presence of indications of this occurring in many countries of the world.
We must now, more than ever, be vigilant and take care to protect the individuals most vulnerable to complications from the Coronavirus (Covid-19).
What can you do:
– While restrictions (Covid-19) in the State of Qatar are gradually being lifted, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following the following preventive measures:
* Avoid physical closeness with others, avoid crowded places, and avoid closed spaces Teeming with people.
* Commitment to social distancing.
* Wearing masks.
* Wash your hands regularly.
It is important that we continue to protect the elderly and people with chronic diseases.
It is advised to apply the precautionary measures and preventive measures related to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) when staying at home with the elderly and people with chronic diseases, and this includes physical distancing, wearing a muzzle, and regularly washing hands with soap and water.
– Anyone suffering from symptoms of (Covid-19) must call the helpline on the number 16000 or go directly to one of the specified health centers to undergo the necessary checks, which are Muaither, Rawdat Al Khail, Umm Salal or Al Gharafa health centers, as the discovery of the disease in Early access to treatment and rapid disease recovery.
– Visit the Ministry of Public Health website frequently to get the latest information.