Cargo Network Planning Analyst – Qatar Airways – Doha
As a cargo network planning analyst, you will implement solutions to achieve the optimal cargo capacity for the company through clear and accurate business cases. You must take into account all financial (revenues, cost and profitability) and non-financial (long term strategy) key performance indicators. You will steer route profitability through continuous reviews and improvement scenarios.
You will have dialogue and negotiate with internal departments (corporate planning, air political and cargo schedule fitting) to continuously improve the overall cargo capabilities of the groups.
Linking with corporate planning :
• Prepare cargo inputs relevant to passenger air craft business cases.
• Support in improving overall decision making process by aiming for optimum.
• Ensure full disclosure and coordination of plans and initiatives between cargo and corporate planning.
• Updating corporate planning o cargo needs and requirements.
Link with air political:
• Prepare cargo inputs relevant to bilateral discussions.
• Distribute accurately all relevant information from air political to cargo department.
Scenario Planning :
• Identify and clarify base and variant scenarios, clarify all variables impacted by the scenarios.
• Assist supervisors in engaging all relevant stakeholders in the discussion and taking account of all feedback given and help identifying the key success factors and potential risks.
• Contribute in research, process and analyzing all numbers (tonnage, volumes, yields, cost, proration).
• Use all possible industry sources (CASS, world ACD, Seabury, HACTL reporting) while understanding their accuracy.
You must have completed a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent however a master’s degree either in an engineering or a financial major would be preferred.
You should have a minimum 4 years of work experience, of which 2 are required in cargo departments. You should have good MS Office skills for this role. You should have understanding of statistics, financial reporting and scenario planning however knowledge of light programming skills, large database manipulation, hypothesis testing would be preferred.
About the Company
Welcome to a world of growing opportunities.
Qatar Airways is the national carrier of the State of Qatar. Our global network now sees us flying to over 100 destinations worldwide and operating some of the youngest fleets in the sky. We are home to over 150 nationalities.
Our mission is to deliver Excellence in Everything We Do. For us, that means we focus on the customers who fly with us. We understand that our customers choose to fly with us because we care for them. We know that every time we fly, we carry the hopes and dreams of our customers. Similarly we consider the hopes and dreams of our people. Our success is due to our leadership and the employment of high quality people who will enjoy living and working in Doha, Qatar.
Qatar is a rising economic powerhouse and is fast establishing itself as one of the world’s newest and most vibrant hubs. Qatar prides itself on its technological advances as well as its educational and research facilities. It is rapidly becoming home to more expatriates and international businesses, as well as world-renowned 5-star hotels, spas and resorts. The city boasts the best in shopping, sports activities and has been host to many high profile international events.
As the Airline of the Year 2011 and the only 5-star airline in the Middle East, the opportunities for career diversity, professional development opportunities to further your careers within the organisation are almost limitless. We truly believe that life is a journey, not a destination; therefore we help our people to realise all that they can be.
Join one of the fastest growing airlines with an ever-expanding global network.
If you wish to find out more about the Qatar Airways Group of companies and what we have to offer, then please visit our website.