Bremen police downgrade terror alert after search yields no weapons

Bremen police have downgraded a terror alert after a search of homes and a cultural center found no weapons. At least one suspect is being investigated for selling on guns, but fears of an Islamist plot have subsided.

Police in Bremen downgraded a terror alert in the north German city, claiming the alert had been triggered by evidence that a Lebanese man had procured machine guns and automatic pistols.
Prosecutor and state Interior Minister Ulrich Mäurer said searches had taken place on Saturday night, but that no weapons had been found.

The 39-year-old Lebanese man is suspected of having obtained the weapons for resale. He and one other man were detained by police. A search of an Islamic center and the homes of the two suspects on Saturday and into Sunday yielded no weapons, but officials said they had seized data devices which would be analyzed.
Read the full text news in resource site…
Source News: DW