IS claims responsibility for car bombings in Libya

Three suicide bombings have left dozens of people dead in the Libyan town. Militants affiliated with “Islamic State” said the attack was in retaliation for Egyptian air raids.

On Friday, three car bombs ripped through the eastern Libyan city of Qubbah which lies about 30 kilometers (19 miles) from the city of Derna, a stronghold of Libya’s “Islamic State” (“IS”) offshoot.
The attacks were carried out on a gas station, local security headquarters and the town council building, news agency Reuters reported.

Militants claiming loyalty to IS said their fighters had been responsible for the suicide attacks, according to a statement posted on social media.
Read the full text news resource site…
Source News: DW