Colombian president relaunches airstrikes on FARC
Colombia’s president has ordered the resumption of airstrikes against the leftist FARC guerillas after the rebel group allegedly killed 10 soldiers in a pre-dawn attack. The incident could threaten peace talks.
Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos said Wednesday that the “vile” attack by the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) would “not go unpunished.”
“I have ordered the armed forces to lift the suspension of air strikes on FARC positions until further notice,” Santos said.
Colombia’s government stopped the bombing raids last month, after the FARC in December declared it was implementing a unilateral ceasefire.
The two sides have been taking part in peace talks in Cuba since 2012.
Read the full text news in resource site…
Source News: DW