You should hold Bachelorâ€™s Degree or equivalent with minimum 5 years of job related experience operating both Light and Medium Vehicles. You should hold formal certification as a driver trainer or an assessor along with the airside vehicle operator permit at a major airport.
We are looking for someone with an experience as an airline trainer having Airside Driver Training, Airside Vehicle Operation and Airside Radio Communication experience. You should have excellent written and communication skills, high attention to detail, well â€“ developed interpersonal skills with an ability to remain calm under high threat/emergency situations. You should also have sound knowledge of MS Word and Power Point
Desired Candidate Profile
You will be responsible for developing and facilitating driver training using a combination of classroom, driving simulation and practical driving for drivers and potential drivers from across the QR Group.
• Act as an ambassador for Group Learning and Development by forging and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Coach and be coached by fellow colleagues and team members.
• Facilitate workshops and the development of action plans.
• Facilitate program logistics including venue arrangements, simulators, clinical and online theory tests
• To support and aid L&D Manager in implementation of training operation plan.
• Facilitate training program to a high standard, using adult learning and learner focused techniques
• Demonstrate initiative, a â€™can doâ€™ attitude and a passion for learning.
• Create solid professional relationships with management at all levels within the business.
• Design and develop training materials based on best practice driver training methodology Training
• Deliver and facilitate training programs to all front line staff dealing with Air Side driving to a world class standard, using adult-learning and learner focused techniques.
• Simulate scenarios to facilitate the learning process.
• Run classroom sessions, facilitate the online tests as well as the clinical test to all drivers
• Utilise coaching techniques to improve employee performance based upon an agreed action plan.
• Research and recommend program improvement. Development
• Take responsibility for own ongoing personal development and growth of expertise.
• Train and develop other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management.
• Assist in the response to any emergency or a major operational disruption affecting Qatar Airways or its subsidiaries, including support of the Qatar Airways Special Assistance Program.
• Train Qatari staff in the duties above.
• Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department Operational SafetyÂ Â
• Ensure full awareness of work health and safety requirements and expectations in order to minimise health and safety risks for self and colleagues.
• Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, security, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the operation to guarantee employee safety, security, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality service with a responsible environmental attitude
• Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved . Â