Explosion hits Italian consulate in Cairo

At least one person has been killed after a massive explosion occurred in front of the Italian consulate in the Egyptian capital, Cairo. An online claim of responsibility signed by “Islamic State” has begun circulating.

Health Ministry spokesperson Hossam Abdel Ghaffar told reporters in Cairo that at least one person had been killed in the explosion, which occured at the Italian consulate early Saturday morning (local time). Several other people were reported to have been injured.

Witnesses said the blast caused severe damage to the consulate building, according to the state news agency MENA.

Initial MENA reports indicated that the blast was caused by a car bomb.
Read the full text news in resource site…
Source News: DW