UNICEF: ‘hundreds’ of South Sudan boys kidnapped

The UN has dramatically increased its estimate over how many South Sudanese boys were kidnapped two weeks ago by armed men. It now says hundreds of school boys were abducted.

The UN children’s agency, UNICEF, said on Sunday it feared that hundreds of school boys were kidnapped in a mass abduction on February 15 and 16.
It had previously estimated that at least 89 boys were taken by an armed group in Wau Shilluk, a government-held area of South Sudan’s oil-rich Upper Nile state.

“The organization now believes the number of children may be in the hundreds,” UNICEF said.
And, the UN childrens’ agency said it believed the group of armed abductors might have ties to the country’s military.
Read the full text news in resource site…
Source News: DW