- 1) Performs any combination of following duties to maintain kitchen work areas and restaurant equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition: Sweeps and mops floors.
- 2) Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
- 3) Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
- 4) Steam-cleans or hoses-out garbage cans.
- 5) Sorts bottles, and breaks disposable ones in bottle-crushing machine.
- 6) Washes pots, pans, and trays by hand.
- 7) Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine.
- 8) Polishes silver, using burnishing-machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and hand cloth.
- 9) Holds inverted glasses over revolving brushes to clean inside surfaces.
- 10) Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by use of handtruck.
- 11) Sets up banquet tables.
- 12) Washes and peels vegetables, using knife or peeling machine.
- 13) Loads or unloads trucks picking up or delivering supplies and food.