We have been asked by our Global visitors through mails and private messages:
1: What is New Overstay fine in UAE?
2: What are the latest rules for overstayed person in Dubai?
3: Overstay fines on Visit Visa?
4: Overstay fine on Tourist Visa?
5: What is Grace Period?
6: What to do if we do not have money to pay fines?
7: Where to surrender?
8: Can we enter UAE again once blacklisted?
9: Describe absconding case Rules?
10: What are the types of Overstay Fines & Visa’s in UAE?

Residence Permits:
Before proceeding to the Article, please note that there are 2 major types of residence permits in United Arab Emirates:

A: Employment:
Residence with Employment permits can work under:
1: Government sectors
2: Semi- Government sectors
3: Federal sectors
4: Public sectors
5: International corporations
6: Individual as a professionals.
7: Domestic workers
8: Private sectors as an Employer (Owner of the Company or sponsor)
9: Private sectors as an Employee (Worker)

qatar airways

B: Residence without Employment:
1: Family Visa
2: Spouse Visa
3: Student Visa (Register with a University, College or Institute)
4: A special Training/course in public corporation or entities.

The holder of above mention residence permit shall be authorized to reside in any state of United Arab Emirates during the granted period, and shall, upon the expiration of or earlier cancellation of the permit, leave UAE within a maximum period of 30 days.

Visit and Tourist Visa:
The Visit/Tourist Visa permits the holder to stay for given duration that start from 3 days to of 3 months. This type of visa requires sponsorship of hotels and tour operators who bring in visitors from their home countries. The renewal and visa processing fee of tourist visas depends on travel agency that covers for you.

Overstay Fine for Visit and Tourist Visa:
If you get a job while you are on Visit visa you must have to change your visa status from visit/Tourist visa to Residence or Employment visa. In case if you delayed for the day more than mention on visa, you will be charged 200 AED for the first day of overstay, followed by the 100 AED for each consecutive day.

If get delayed by company (sponsor) You can check with them if they will pay such fines for overstay, try and let them pay fine for you at Immigration office or at the time of Exit from UAE airports, please don’t forget that Penalty on visit or Tourist visa is more than residence visa applicants.

Admin Advise: If you reserved a return flight you have to extend and reschedule it till upcoming date.

Note: work on Visit or Tourist visa is illegal in UAE, Visit visa holders are not allowed to work anywhere in the United Arab Emirates with or without payment or for his own as employer. If visit visa is issued for employment purpose, the holder cannot work for another company without the written consent of the General Directorate of Residence & Foreigners Affairs UAE.

Residence/Employment Visa:
Suppose you are working in U.A.E and your Contract is going to finish or you are tired while working with current company and Looking for new job, luckily you got it, now it’s time to cancel your current visa and apply for a new one.
In case if you get stuck while processing documents for new visa due to financial or any other issues or didn’t exit UAE on time to get new Employment visa, what are the legal ways to follow in above case?

Overstay Fine for Residence or Employment Visa:
According to Ministry of Labour & Immigration rules you are allowed only 30 days stay after cancelling your visa to complete your remaining work for new visa, however after the expiry of Grace Period that is 30 days by law, they will subject fine only, it will not become any criminal case, labour ban or blacklist case.

Fine for the first day will be 125 AED and then 25 AED will be charged for each consecutive day.

Point to be noted that this fine should be pay after completing grace period of 30 days on immigration desk at the time of renewal.

What if overstayed for more than 30 Days?
As per Government of United Arab Emirates and Immigration Law a person who didn’t leave the country after his/her Grace period his name will be shortlisted in Absconded or blacklist person, he/she may face immigration ban and should pay 100 AED per Day if stays illegally for more than 30 Days.

What if someone do not have enough money to pay?
An expat against whom a deportation order has been issued by Authorities may be held in custody for a period not exceeding 2 weeks whereas such custody is essential for the execution of the deportation order.
Please note it again that the holders of expired or cancelled residence visa is subject to 100 AED for the first day once the grace period is over plus 25 AED from second day of overstay.
In case of Failure to pay the fine will mean jail term for a maximum of 3 months and the UAE courts may likewise order deportation after serving jail term.

Can a person who is deported from UAE enter again?
A person who has been deported cannot return to United Arab Emirates until a special permission is secured from the Ministry of Interior. The mechanism to overturn court order of deportation varies as to the reason of such deportation:

1: An amnesty law issued for the crime committed by the deportee (the one who is deported from UAE) or a pardon decree issued for the crime will allow the deportee to return to the country.
2: Legal Rehabilitation.
3: A court decision passed for the deportee.
4: Case taken back by Employer.

What is the Grace Period and fine for Children?
The fine and Overstay period is same for Children, Wife or anyone else who overstayed in any Emirates of UAE.