Rebels claim heavy weapons pull-back in eastern Ukraine
Pro-Russia separatists in eastern Ukraine have said they have begun withdrawing heavy weapons from the front line. Government forces, though, have said they won’t do so until the shooting stops completely.
A senior rebel commander said on Tuesday that the pro-Russia separatists had begun pulling back the weapons, as required under a ceasefire brokered by German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande in Minsk earlier this month.
“Today at nine in the morning (0600 GMT) the planned withdrawal of heavy equipment started,” rebel commander Eduard Basurin told the Reuters news agency.
“We’re pulling it back 50 kilometers (30 miles) from the boundary line … Of course we won’t say exactly where we’re pulling it back to.”
Read the full text news resource site…
Source News: DW