How to apply for a family visit visa in Qatar
Families of sponsored residents may enter Qatar on a short-term Family Visit Visa. However, the visa is initially valid only for one month.
Relatives who wish to stay longer than a month may undergo a physical examination within the first 72 hours of arrival to apply for an extension.
The visa can be extended for another five months for first and second degree relatives and in-laws (Father, Mother, Sister & Children) and can be extended for only two months in case of other relatives. Foreign employees who wish to bring their families to live in Qatar should refer to the Family Visa.
Follow these steps to apply for a Family Visit Visa:
– Print and fill out form and submit personally by the sponsor.
– Submit the application along with supporting documents to the Passports Department. (DOWNLOAD application form)
– Pay appropriate fees (more details about fees below)
Requirements for applying visa for wife:
– Copy of personal ID or passport of the resident husband
– Letter from husband’s employer citing profession and salary
– Copy of attested marriage contract
– Copy of wife’s valid passport
Requirements for applying visa for other relatives (Father, mother, sister, children and in-laws):
– Copy of personal ID or passport of the sponsor.
– Copy of sponsor’s wife’s passport with valid residence permit or residential tenancy contract.
– Letter from employer of the sponsor citing profession and salary.
– Valid passport copy of the visitor.
– Document to prove relationship.
– Undergo medial test within 72 hours entering the country in case you’re willing to extend for more than a month.
A fee of QR200 applies for each visa, and QR50 for each registered dependent or companion. The visa is valid for one month and can be extended for QR200 per month (QR50 per month for the companion).
Similar Post: How to convert family visit visa to residence visa