Getting a motorcycle license in Qatar
To ride a motorcycle in Qatar, you are required to carry a valid Qatari driving license. Here’s what you need to do before you can start riding your motorcycle.
1) Visit a driving school and enroll for a Qatar driving licensing course. Specify you want a motorcycle license while enrolling.
2) Complete your training lessons.
3) Pass police test and claim your internationally recognized training certificate and Qatar driving license.
Please note: The minimum age for learning to ride a Motor Cycle is 18 years old.
Documents required to enroll
– No objection Letter from the Sponsor in Arabic, addressed to The Manager, Traffic Department, Qatar. Mention the license type required i.e. “Motor Cycle”
– Copy of Company ID/CR copy is required for applicants under Company sponsorship; copy of sponsor QID is required for applicants under personnel sponsorship.
– Applicant’s QID copy, Incase if QID is under process, applicants may submit valid visa and passport copy.
– Visitors may also apply for Qatar Driving License by submitting copy of valid Business visa or visit visa along with passport copies.
– 4 color passport size photos.
– Eye test report (you can get one from any optician in Qatar)
You will have to spend at least 12 hours in training before you can get your motorcycle license. These hours will be split between theory and practical training. The practical lessons will be conducted on manual transmission motorcycles.
Therotical lessons – 6 (30 min sessions)
Practical lessons – 9 (1 hour sessions)
The driving test comprises the following:
Training completion certificates and driving license is issued immediately after passing the test. If you have a motorcycle license from another country, you can directly go for the test and get your license.
A full course will cost around QAR1300 with an additional QAR50 for the test. Fees for course and tests may vary depending on the driving school.