Health Benefits of Pomegranate
The Health Benefits of Pomegranate are innumerable. Apart from being healthy, pomegranates are delicious as well. Pomegranates also have antioxidant, antiviral and antitumor properties. They are said to be good sources of vitamins, since it includes vitamin A, C and E, as well as folic acid. This fruit consists of three times as many antioxidants as both wine or green tea. It is said to be a healthy powerhouse.
Pomegranates are known mostly for curing problems related to the heart and for maintaining effective and healthy blood circulation. Other health benefits include being a cure for stomach disorders, cancer, dental conditions, osteoarthritis, anemia and diabetes.
1. Beauty Benefits
- Regenerate Cells. Pomegranate protects the epidermis and dermis by encouraging skin cell regeneration, aiding in the repair of tissues, healing wounds and encouraging circulation to skin that is healing.
- Protect from the Sun. Consuming pomegranate provides the skin with compounds that help to protect against free radical damage which can cause sun damage, cancer and sunburn. The oil of a pomegranate contains the antioxidant ellagic acid that can help to inhibit skin tumors to protect the body from skin cancer.
- Slow Aging. Pomegranates can help to prevent hyperpigmentation, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles that are often caused by sun damage.
- Produce Youthful Skin. Because pomegranates help to soften the skin and produce additional elastin and collagen it can make your skin look more firm, smooth and youthful.
- Help with Dry Skin. Pomegranates are often added to skin care products because they have a molecular structure that can penetrate deep layers of most skin types to provide additional moisture.
- Use for Oily or Combination Skin. Oily or combination skin types that are acne prone can use pomegranate to sooth these outbreaks and minimize burns or scarring that can occur during breakouts.
2. Health Benefits
- Eliminate Free Radicals. The high levels of antioxidants like hydrolysable tannins or polyphenols in pomegranates help to minimize the effects of free radicals and remove free radicals from the body.
- Protect Cardiovascular Health. Pomegranate juice can act as a blood thinner and helps to remove plaque from the arteries that will help to minimize the risk of atherosclerosis. Consuming pomegranate juice can help lower LDL cholesterol and increase HDL cholesterol to improve heart health and reduce the risk of cardiovascular problems.
- Fight Cancer. The antioxidants in pomegranates are effective in clearing away some types of cancer, including breast, prostate and skin cancers.
- Improve Bone Quality. The enzyme inhibitors in pomegranate juice can help to prevent damage to the cartilage. It can also help to control cartilage degeneration to prevent osteoarthritis.
- Boost Digestive Condition. Pomegranate juice helps to secrete enzymes with anti-bacterial properties that aid digestion and help to fight off hemorrhoids, nausea, dysentery, intestinal parasites, piles and diarrhea. You can also use pomegranate juice as a laxative to treat constipation.
- Increase Appetite. Children that do not have a strong appetite can drink a glass of pomegranate juice to get an appetite stimulant.
- Cure Anemia. The high amounts of iron in pomegranates will raise hemoglobin levels in your blood to help correct anemia.
- Reduce Inflammation. The anti-inflammatory properties of pomegranates stems from its high vitamin C content that will help to manage asthma, sore throat, cough and wheezing.
- Promote Blood Circulation. Pomegranates are often used to help relieve blood clots and can help to create a more youthful appearance.
- Help Lose Weight. People are finding that pomegranates have a natural property that provides you with additional energy and cleanse the body, making it easier to lose weight.
3. More Benefits for Men
- Decrease Risk of Impotency. Those that have a risk of prostate cancer, impotency or atherosclerosis can consume the pomegranate juice to reduce these risk. The high antioxidants will help to manage arteriosclerosis that can lead to impotency and increase your risk of prostate cancer.
- Treat Prostate Cancer. Consuming pomegranates has been found to reduce prostate specific antigen in clinical trials. Research is ongoing to see if pomegranates can be used to treat people that already have localized prostate cancer. During these trials the juice was found to inhibit the growth of the cancer cells and lower its risk of metastasizing. The high phytochemicals in the juice seem to have a distinct effect on delaying and stabilizing the growth of PSA in men.
4. More Benefits for Women
- Aid in Pregnancy. Pomegranate juice is high in niacin, folic acid, potassium, calcium, vitamin C, iron and fiber that help to maintain a pregnant woman’s health and encourage cell growth. Consuming pomegranate wine instead of alcoholic beverages helps to curb the craving for these hazardous materials while preventing the damage that often comes with consuming alcohol while pregnant. Consuming pomegranate juice during pregnancy has also been fund to reduce cramps and sleep difficulties that often appear during pregnancy. It has also been found to increase blood flow to the baby which reduce she risk of brain damage.
- Inhibit Breast Cancer. Studies have found that the ellagitannins in pomegranate juice will prevent estrogen responsive breast cancer cells from growing. This phytochemical inhibits aromatase that is used to create estrogen, increasing your risk of breast cancer.